There is nothing more simply than a wonderful "spaghetti al pomodoro" dish.
The pasta with tomatoes sauce is the basic of everyday Italian lunch.
Ingredients for 4 person
- 1 lb Spaghetti type pasta
- Salted water to boil pasta
- 1 lb Canned tomatoes
- 1 Tbs oliva oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tbs garlic powder
- 5 leafs fresh Basil
- A pinch of salt
- In a large skillet brown the chopped onions with olive olive over medium heat for 2 minute
- Combine canned tomatoes, salt, garlic and basil to the browned onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In the skillet combine the sauce with drained pasta and toss over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese to taste.